Hotjar is a new powerful tool that reveals the online behaviour and voice of your users. By combining both A) Analysis and B) Feedback tools, Hotjar gives you the ‘big picture’ of how to improve your site's user experience and performance.
The Analysis tools allow you to measure and observe user behaviour while the Feedback tools allow you to hear what your users have to say.
Understand what users want, care about and do on your site by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior - which are the strongest indicators of visitor motivation and desire.
Eliminate guesswork with recordings of real visitor behaviour on your site. By seeing your visitor's clicks, taps, mouse movements you can identify usability issues on the ﬂy.
Find the biggest opportunities for improvement and testing by identifying on which page and at which step most visitors are leaving your site.
Improve online form completion rates by discovering which fields take too long to ﬁll, which are left blank, and why your visitors abandon your form and page.
Improving the performance and experience of your website starts with understanding what your visitors want and what's preventing them from achieving it. Target questions to specific visitors anywhere on your web and mobile site.
Build your own responsive surveys using an easy editor. Collect responses in real-time from any device. Distribute your surveys using web links, emails or invite your visitors just before they abandon your site to uncover their objections or concerns.
Recruit User Testers
Recruit the best possible participants for user research and testing directly from your site. Collect profiling information, contact details and offer a gift in exchange for their help.
Hotjar is the ideal tool for:
Here are just a few examples of how you can use Hotjar:
- Give your clients or boss proof of what works or not.
- Challenge internal misconceptions & 'best practices'.
- Overhaul forms to generate more leads.
- Impress your clients or colleagues with visual insights.
- Test what content works best above 'the fold'.
- Learn what content to move higher or lower on the page.
- Speak directly to visitors before they leave the page.
- Think like an actual visitor by understanding their mindset.
- Identify what new content needs to be added to the page.
- Confirm your hypothesis before creating new elements.
- Reveal your visitors' pattern of reading the page.
- Remove or rethink ignored content.
- See which type of imagery works best.
- Collect valuable testimonials from customers.
- Change design and content based on different traffic.
- Deploy feedback poll on pages with UX issues to get instant feedback.